IEEE’s core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE will be essential to the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and be universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
We are the Texas Tech University student chapter of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, or IEEE. Most of our members are undergraduates in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science. We are a nationally recognized and respected organization comprised of over 400,000 members world wide.
Not an IEEE member? Applications for national membership are available at ieee.org/join, and the local applications are available in the basement inside the EE building. There are no qualifications for becoming an IEEE member. All you have to do is fill out an application online and return a copy to the IEEE office with the membership fee. New members are always welcome.
One must be an active student in the College of Engineering at Texas Tech University.
Local Membership Benefits
- Membership Card
- Networking and Career Opportunities
- Discounts on IEEE merchandise (includes t-shirts, tools, solder, etc…)
National Membership Benefits
- Official Membership Card
- IEEE Spectrum Magazine subscription (12 monthly issues)
- IEEE Potentials Magazine subscription (12 monthly issues)
- IEEE e-mail alias
- shopIEEE Discounts – up to 50% off IEEE merchandise
- For more information visit the National IEEE Website
How to Join
- Fill out and return a IEEE Membership Form
- Submit your membership dues